[CentOS] xulrunner 1.9.0.19-1: Does it exist or what?

Fri May 28 13:50:43 UTC 2010

Tru wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 07:49:05AM -0400, Robert Heller wrote:
>> According to 'yum info xulrunner' version 1.9.0.19, release 1.el5_5
>> exists and is an available package.  But when I try to update it, yum
>> claims there is nothing to do and when I try a general update, yum
>> complains that it cannot update firefox because it cannot find xulrunner
>> >= 1.9.0.19-1.  What is going on here?
>>
> You want you money back? ;)
>
> It's just out of sync public mirrors compared to centos.org main servers.
>
> out of sync public mirrors issue: when updates are pushed and metadata
> generated, sometimes the public mirrors are not pulling the complete set
> offiles.
>
> Since CentOS do not control the public mirrors action,
> one needs to wait the next round of sync (usually between 4/6h).
<snip>
Some of us can't wait that long, between a) taking off for the weekend
(US) early, and b) people who are out, who require their systems this
afternoon. I used --skip-broken.

HOWEVER, I got this:
(168/213): net-snmp-libs-5.3.2.2-9.el5_5.1.i386.rpm      | 1.3 MB     00:00
http://mirror.rackspace.com/CentOS/5.5/updates/i386/RPMS/net-snmp-libs-5.3.2.2-9.el5_5.1.i386.rpm:
[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.

...and it tried about 8 mirrors before it found one that worked. I didn't
think there were updates in the last couple days - what's going on here?

        mark