[CentOS] Broken repo / mirrors?

Sat May 29 00:39:51 UTC 2010
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 05:28:52PM -0400, Robert Heller wrote:
> > packages.  One might as well just manually download stuff and manually
> > use 'rpm -hUv --test *.rpm' until it stops complaining.  Yech.  Yum is
> > *supposed* to get us out of that game...
>
> 	Or one could get Redhat support entitlements.
>
> 	There was a problem; it was initially misdiagnosed and was
> 	later acknowledged, corrected and new meta data is being
> 	pushed out according to Tru.  It happens.  It wasn't the end
> 	of the world as this thread might lead some to believe;
> 	heck, packages were available and were able to be manually
> 	installed as you yourself noted.  Life goes on.

Right.  *I* never claimed it was the end of the world.  Just noticed a
problem and posted a question to the list about it.  I wasn't sure if it
was something *I* was doing wrong or if it was something other people
were experiencing or what...

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration