[CentOS] CentOS with Kernel 2.6.32 built-in

Sun May 30 12:39:12 UTC 2010
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> I have a Asus laptop, from the new generation, and my network driver is
> present in the kernel since version 2.6.32(Jmicron). Is there any CentOS
> with this kernel? I tried to compile myself, but I failed. Is a bit harder
> than I thought.
>
> Is there any testing version of CentOS or some backports?

RedHat (and thus CentOS) backports esentual drivers and patches.  Even
though the kernel version is 2.6.18 (CentOS/RHEL 5), it contains bits
and pieces from newer kernels.  There is also the elrepo repository,
which contains a pile of additional kernel modules (drivers mostly) that
RedHat does not build.  Check the elrepo elrepo repository -- your
driver might be there.