[CentOS] Pptp vpn server

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Wed Nov 3 16:02:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 10:52:34AM -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> > Not to pour water on your tool, but Google for "webmin exploit".
>> > This software appears regularly on security lists I read,
>> > but not in a good way.
>>
>> +1 I'd never put webmin on any of my hosts.  But fwbuilder is looking
>> into supporting VPN configuration;  that will be a huge step forward.
>> <http://www.fwbuilder.org/>
>
>FYI, for PPTP on Linux you want to look at poptop.  I have no idea if
>it's manageable by Webmin or not.

I have used poptop a bit, mostly because there is no OpenVPN
client for that works with the iPad.

As for webmin, we do have clients using it, but only restricted
to the internal LAN, and specified hosts on that LAN as I have
found some rather evil bugs (e.g. removing /home when doing user
maintenance after accepting /home as a user's home directory).

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Fix reason firmly in her seat and call to her tribunal every fact,
every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God;
because, if there is one, he must more approve of the homage of
reason, than that of blindfolded fear.  --Thomas Jefferson