[CentOS] Pptp vpn server

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Thu Nov 4 01:24:23 UTC 2010

On 4/11/10 10:35 AM, Ross Walker wrote:
> On Nov 3, 2010, at 7:01 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/03/10 3:46 PM, Ross Walker wrote:
>>> I just think VPNs' time has come and gone.
>>

>> VPN's have another use entirely, which is linking LAN segments over the
>> internet to create a private WAN.
>
> Yes, of course, those will remain and I use those across routers and
> concentrators, but the personal VPNs aren't necessary.

I'm just guessing here, but you live in a country that doesn't (or
isn't trying to introduce) mandatory censorship and/or data retention.
Right?

Those of us in the antipodes have a whole different reason for wanting
VPN connections to such insecure points as "shared hosting" or VPS
systems.

Regards,
Ben