[CentOS] Nagios installation problem

Ben McGinnes ben at adversary.org
Fri Nov 5 14:41:25 EDT 2010

On 6/11/10 5:30 AM, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> I've had trouble getting Nagios runtime files to work and play well
> with SELinux. In particular, the pid file, /var/nagios/nagios.pid, is
> created with a generic var_t type rather than the necessary
> nagios_var_run_t type, so I've tweaked system policy a bit:
> semanage fcontext -a -t nagios_var_run_t "/var/nagios/nagios\.pid"

Okay, that works to get the service to start (along with "chcon -t
nagios_var_run_t -R nagios/" while in /var just to be sure).  I'm
still getting "Error: Could not read object configuration data!" in
the nagios pages, though.  It looks like I'll have to play around with
some of the configuration options and see what happens.