[CentOS] Flash plugin not working

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Tue Nov 9 06:47:06 UTC 2010

Przemysław Pawełczyk a écrit :

> Did you (Niki) try to d/load any flv from youtube.com and run it with
> (s)mplayer for example?
>
> Perhaps try to change video driver or set up VBox, install CentOS in it,
> and then smplayer. VBox has excellent vesa driver and CentOS is
> very good host to run VBox with other systems.
>
> What did google say when asked for black flash film frames?
>
> Regards

I tried this on four differents machines here. It's a computer training
room, so there's plenty of ready Linux installs on a Ghost server.

Flash works on any one of these machines with Fedora, openSUSE and Arch.
So it's not the hardware.

Fresh install of CentOS with RPMForge configured and flash-plugin
installed : Flash fails everywhere. Same result with flash-plugin from
the Adobe repo.

Still more clueless than before :o)