[CentOS] xServes are dead ;-( / SAN Question

rainer at ultra-secure.de rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Nov 9 09:18:27 EST 2010

> On 11/9/10 2:53 AM, rainer at ultra-secure.de wrote:
>>> Did you look at Nexentastor for this?  You might need the commercial
>>> version for
>>> a fail-over set but I think the basic version is free up to a fairly
>>> large
>>> size.
>> 12T, IIRC.
>> That's not exactly great IMO.
>> You get that with a RAID10 over two populated 16bay Promise chassis.
> Ummm, OK - I guess times have changed...  Is the commercial pricing
> reasonable
> if you go larger compared to turnkey hardware?

I guess it depends on your definition of "reasonable" ;-)
The smallest silver-edition license you can buy is 1100 bucks onetime and
65 renewal every year.

Personally, I would really try to find the funding for a "real" SUN
Open/Integrated Storage - even if Oracle have probably hiked the prices
Those S7000s can do everything (NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FC) and very fast.