[CentOS] Flash plugin not working (going OT)

Nicolas Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Wed Nov 10 11:45:40 UTC 2010

Le mardi 9 novembre 2010 12:08:54, Przemysław Pawełczyk a écrit :

> 1. Try LiveCD (any) to run Flash on your hardware.
> 2. Install the LiveCD to check if new system will run on your PC.
> 3. Install CentOS once more to ****base**** system then, watching
> carefully, only the apps needed to run (s)mplayer to check if multimedia
> are working OK.
> 4. Install Flash.
> 5. Change graphics card when working in CentOS. ???

Hi,

I somehow found a solution to the problem, in that I decided to replace my
CentOS desktops in my office with Fedora 14 (KDE). Of course, this was not only
motivated by the mysterious Flash problem, but I've been pondering the
question for a while. Of course, all my servers will still run CentOS. I had
already tried out Fedora 12 and 13, but Fedora 14 with KDE is a great thing, a
full rival to Mac OS X or (God forbid) Windows Seven.

Just took a look at the RHEL 5.6 release notes, and I see PHP 5.3 is
integrated, which is a thing I've equally been looking forward to.

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki Kovacs
--
http://www.kikinovak.net