[CentOS] RHEL 6 Officially Released

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Nov 10 19:52:06 UTC 2010

on 11-10-2010 11:13 AM Scott Robbins spake the following:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:05:53AM -0800, Scott Silva wrote:
>> on 11-10-2010 11:02 AM John Kennedy spake the following:
>>> When will CentOS 6 be released???
>>>
>> So the usual 4 to 6 week (maybe 8 week) build and QA/QC process... Like anyone
>> will wait to start hounding...
>>

> Well, some will wait, or be busy hounding about CentOS 5.6--isn't there
> an upgrade in 4.x too?  :)
>
> Not knowing how much preparation the development team has done, I'd
> expect it to be longer than usual---there are some major changes.
>
> However, I suspect we're all looking foward to it.
> (Save those tasked with immediately implementing it in production as
> soon as it's released.)

Last time there was only one build queue, so if 5.6 and 6 come out at the same
time, they will have to choose which one gets attention first. CentOS doesn't
have the multi-million dollar infrastructure to support multiple simultaneous
releases.