[CentOS] hwclock problem

Brunner, Brian T. BBrunner at gai-tronics.com
Fri Nov 12 14:31:55 UTC 2010

> and off course dovecot falls over too "Time just moved
> backwards by 39599 seconds."
>
> Now, 39600s is 11 hours, which is (inc DST) *MY* offset from
> Greenwich.
>

> So what am I doing wrong?

I have this problem when dead batteries on the mobo prevent the hwclock
from preserving the time.
Reboots don't show this (shutdown -r) but yanking the AC to fiddle with
switches on the cards (which takes pulling them out) or swapping
known-good with suspect-under-test gives me a boot-up time somewhere
back in August of 2006.