[CentOS] Centos 4 and cgiemail

Dave Cross davorg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:15:15 UTC 2010

On 12 November 2010 15:14, Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com> wrote:
> I am running Centos 4 and want to run cgiemail in a directory
> under the web application.  The setting of the "value" property
> in the <form> is tricky, but I have the web application running
> on other servers without a problem.  On my server I get the error
> that it cannot find the file pointed to by the value in the <form>.
>
> My question is whether or not I need to do something special like
> install an application on the server or do something special with
> permissions (the cgiemail is owned by apache and has 775 for
> permissions).
>
> The web app is in the "interact" folder with the cgiemail in
> cgi-bin under it.

It all depends very much on how the web server is configured. Do you
know if the web server is configured to run CGI programs? Do you have
access to the Apache configuration files? (Actually, is the server
running Apache?)

What value have you given the "action" attribute on the form element?
You say that the CGI program is in the cgi-bin directory - was that
directory there before, or did you create it yourself? Are there any
other cgi-bin directories in the web area on the server?

Sorry for all the questions, but without answers to them any attempt
to help would be purely guesswork.

Cheers,

Dave...

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk