[CentOS] Confused about Java browser plugin for Firefox

Nicolas Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Sat Nov 13 07:45:06 EST 2010

I'd like to install a working Java Plugin for Firefox, and I wonder how to go
about it. There's some documentation available online, but one quickly gets
the feeling it's quite a mess. I also admit being a contributor to the mess,
since the Linux book I published in June 2009 gives a detailed - and now
obsolete - description about installing JRE :

Any advice on how to go about that without jumping through burning loops? A
pointer to some concise documentation or, even better, a short and working
step-by-step HOWTO?

Niki Kovacs