[CentOS] upgrading Centos-Xen when version 6 comes along

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Nov 16 00:43:45 UTC 2010

On 11/16/2010 12:36 AM, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I am curious what is the best way to upgrade my dom0 and domUs to V.6
> (currently 5) when it releases. Any experience or docs on this?

the Base CentOS-6 will have no Xen dom0 support, so you will almost
certainly want to stick with centos-5 on the dom0, for the DomU's you
can rebuild / upgrade using the regular process.

While centos-6 goes through beta and qa, its customary to make notes
about potential upgrade paths. So keep a lookout for those closer to
release time.

- KB