[CentOS] Centos 6 installation memory requirements

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 16 17:22:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:57:30AM -0500, Robert Heller wrote:

> X11 installer == game engine?  I never use the GUI installer.  It is
> quicker and easier to use the text/console based installer.

Errm, it was.  In one more brilliant following of Fedora (watch us look
like Windows), the text installer for 6 has been "streamlined and
simplified"  Whoever thought up that wording probably thought up Windows
Genuine Advantage.

Lemme know how it goes trying to use it on an unpartitioned drive if you
decide you don't want defaults.
(The snideness isn't aimed at you--just as Mark mentioned, more like
Windows all the time.  All systems add bloat, the trouble is that RH
seems to be deprecating more and more CLI configs.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: Old reliable? Yeah, great. There's a sexy
nickname.
 Buffy: Well, I didn't mean it as...
Willow: No, it's fine, I'm Old Reliable.
Xander: She just means, you know, the geyser. You're like a
geyser of fun that goes off at regular intervals.
Willow: That's Old Faithful.
Xander: Isn't that the dog that the guy had to shoot...?
Willow: That's Old Yeller.
Buffy: Xander, I beg you not to help me.