[CentOS] Centos 6 installation memory requirements

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Nov 16 21:09:46 UTC 2010

> On 11/16/2010 12:36 PM, John Hodrien wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> >

> >> There never seemed to be a Disk Druid text support for LVM. If you do
> >> not like the defaults (and I rarely do), you either have to be good with
> >> kickstart (I am not) or use the Gui to set up the partitions as you want.
> >>
> >> For some test systems, when all I want to do is throw up a FC/Centos
> >> system, I will just accept the defaults and then I have gotten by with
> >> the text installer.
> >>
> > I guess you've always got Alt-F2/rescue mode to do the partitioning you need
> > otherwise?
>
> Never knew about this, perhaps I will delve into it.

The text installer fires off several virtual consoles.  Console 1
(Ctrl-Alt-F1) is the usually dialog-based installer. Console 2 is a
shell. And Colsole 3, 4, & 5 are bound to various stderr/stdout of
different processes (you can watch various debug/verbose output of
various aspects of the install process -- usefull if something goes
wrong).

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com