[CentOS] Centos podcast on FLOSS weekly

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Fri Nov 19 17:56:55 UTC 2010

On 11/19/2010 7:45 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 04:26 AM, John Hinton wrote:
>> Hey KB... you look and sound just like you type! :)
> Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing :)

Well, being a heterosexual male... I don't think I can comment further
as I'm not 'qualified'. LOL!!!

A bit of my history. I was looking at Debian when RedHat ended my
subscription method, which was quite reasonable and adopted the much
higher rate. Then Whitebox came along and I quickly jumped to that. I
cyber-met Johnny Hughes over there. I found CentOS at about the time it
was forming and asked Johnny about it and switched to CentOS during that
time when the downloads got pounded with each new minor version upgrade.
So, I've been hanging out here for a while. That said, there is one
thing that I have somehow known, but became crystal clear in that
interview. The 'mindset' of the core team is phenomenal. The maturity
level is actually astounding!

I have seen some come into this list and 'go off' on a member of the
core team, not knowing who they were talking to. It seems that in each
case, any of you could have responded likewise. But, I have never known
that to happen (or at least not in a kind or proper manner).

We are 'all' obviously very much indebted to your long hours of hard
work. And as humans, you must at least have some feeling of being owed
or whatever you want to call that. But yet, always your tempers are put
at bay and what comes forth is 'always' only positive for the entire
project. Now, I don't know how in words to state my respect for that...
and the fact that it seems to be the whole core team. You must have had
lengthy discussions to all vow to such an attitude. Perhaps the most
commendable portion of the entire project.

--
John Hinton
877-777-1407 ext 502