[CentOS] firefox. java. 64 bit. bleah!

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 20 18:25:23 EST 2010

Nicolas Thierry-Mieg writes:
> m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> > Found this<http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux-amd64.html#java-sun>, and I
> > remember the plugins directory... except firefox 3.6.11, I can't find any,
> > not in ~/.mozilla, not in /usr/lib64/mozilla. Anyone have a clue for the
> > poor?
> that's strange:
> [nthierry at localhost ~]$ rpm -q firefox xulrunner
> firefox-3.6.11-2.el5.centos.x86_64
> xulrunner-
> [nthierry at localhost ~]$ rpm -q firefox -R | grep xulrunner
> xulrunner >=
> [nthierry at localhost ~]$ rpm -ql xulrunner | grep lib64/mozilla/plugins
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
> something's wrong with your system.

 Possibly. Or possibly not. On a closely related topic, can you comment on
 whether or not it's a good idea to install the nspluginwrapper rpms on x86_64?
 They seem to be fundamentally broken.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this