[CentOS] TC Filter Flows & ESFQ - Traffic Shaping

Frederick Abrams fred at intelvision.sc
Mon Nov 22 04:31:54 EST 2010

We currently have ESFQ running on an old Fedora machine and i'm trying
to build a new router with something similar using CentOS 5.5

The problem is that it seems by default the CentOS is not compiled with
TC ESFQ or TC filter hash flows

I get the following error: Unknown filter "flow", hence option "hash" is

How can i add support for the hash flow option or ESFQ or perhaps
someone can suggest a better option where I can get the same
functionality of even sharing based on src / dst

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 10: protocol ip handle 10 flow hash keys
dst divisor 1024

dangerous content by Intelvision MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.