[CentOS] Novell sale news?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Nov 23 04:28:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:09:59 -0600
Les Mikesell wrote:

> I don't think they ever did a real native *nix verson - they had a slightly
> custom version of wine wrapped around the windows code.

Native WP for Unix existed back in the days of WP/DOS and the like.

WP ran on a huge number of platforms.  I still have WP 4.1 for Amiga laying
around here somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPerfect

"While available in DOS and Microsoft Windows versions, its popularity was based
in part on the fact that it was available for a wide variety of computers and
operating systems, including Mac OS, Linux, the Apple IIe, a separate version
for the Apple IIgs, most popular versions of Unix, VMS, Data General,
System/370, AmigaOS, Atari ST, OS/2, and NeXTSTEP."