[CentOS] Novell sale news?

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Nov 22 23:28:12 EST 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:09:59 -0600
Les Mikesell wrote:

> I don't think they ever did a real native *nix verson - they had a slightly
> custom version of wine wrapped around the windows code.

Native WP for Unix existed back in the days of WP/DOS and the like.

WP ran on a huge number of platforms.  I still have WP 4.1 for Amiga laying
around here somewhere.

"While available in DOS and Microsoft Windows versions, its popularity was based
in part on the fact that it was available for a wide variety of computers and
operating systems, including Mac OS, Linux, the Apple IIe, a separate version
for the Apple IIgs, most popular versions of Unix, VMS, Data General,
System/370, AmigaOS, Atari ST, OS/2, and NeXTSTEP."