[CentOS] LOPSA [Was: Novell sale news?]

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Nov 24 10:25:30 EST 2010

> >> It's *remotely* related in that it means someone, somewhere must have
> >> source code that would probably compile more or less directly under
> >> CentOS, for the (currently unsupported) software in question.
> > well, ok :)
> > but it would still be nice to see what people think about a
> > centos-social or a centos-offtopic or a centos-chatter list.
> What we need is a "What would a good sysadmin think?" list where one of the
> criteria for being a good sysadmin would obviously be that you know something
> about Centos but the rest of the scope covers applications, conversions, product
> comparisons, legal issues, etc.  The kind of stuff most of us do every day...

Why not head over to LOPSA and join one of their lists?

The League of Professional System Administrators (LOPSA) is a nonprofit
corporation with members throughout the world. Our mission is to advance
the practice of system administration; to support, recognize, educate,
and encourage its practitioners; and to serve the public through
education and outreach on system administration issues.

LOPSA membership benefits fall into two classes. The first involves
support of you as a member and a sysadmin. LOPSA is working to provide
educational and networking opportunities, a forum for support and ideas,
and an active community engaged in discussion of sysadmin issues.

I've always though communities making *-offtopic lists didn't make much
sense - go find an on-topic list.