[CentOS] Novell sale news?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Nov 25 10:06:37 UTC 2010

On 11/24/2010 05:36 PM, Bill Campbell wrote:
> I find lists where there's fairly open discussion of topics more
> useful than those that deal with very narrow topics.  It's

generic lists are more suited to, as you pointed out LUG's and social
groups - this is a fairly product/ platform centric list. Besides,
talking about the platform it would be hard to say that this is a very
narrow focused list. the ppc-on-cell-bootloader list might fit that
mould quite well, I dont think the CentOS list does.

> amazing how many times I learn something useful that I never
> would have seen on a restricted list (e.g. I learned about the
> Mac RSS reader NetNewsWire on a local Linux group list).

Its more than a bit disheartening to see this list compared to a LUG
effort :(

> If a topic is uninteresting, ctrl-d with mutt on the thread nukes
> it quickly.

Thats looking at things, much like many others did, from a personal
perspective and not one of the project / list admins. I might want the
list to go in a specific way, but that may or may not be what's good for
the longer term health of the list.

- KB