[CentOS] Add application to start at booting

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Nov 25 18:55:07 UTC 2010

On 11/25/10 10:45 AM, Johan Scheepers wrote:
> Good day,
>
> Please,  How/where can I add an application to start at boot up.
> Don't seem to find it in options available

at 'boot up', the only things that start are service daemons, as invoked
from the /etc/rc.d/* stuff.    these service daemons do not have a
console.      at user login time, when your desktop is created, the
.profile or .bash_profile scripts in your home directory are invoked,
and anything you want running on your desktop could be started there.