[CentOS] How to install PHP PEAR stuff best?

Alexander Farber alexander.farber at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:24:02 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
> I don't quite understand your whole question. What has this to do with
> PEAR? It's not a PEAR package, it's a library that's hosted on code.google.com.

yes, but it has the subdir called "PEAR" in it...

If someone would ask:
"how to install a Perl module which is not available as an rpm for CentOS?"
Then I would answer:
"run perl -MCPAN -e shell and then search module, install module in there"

So I've asked here in the hope that someone administering CentOS
with many PHP libraries would share his/her tricks in doing so.

I'm sorry that it is drifting towards offtopic, I was hoping for a
short hint here

Regards
Alex