[CentOS] Minimising disk I/O

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Mon Nov 29 17:11:19 UTC 2010

I would suggest looking at articles that focus on laptop power
consumption, they typically have a section dedicated to disk accesses
and how to spin the disk down as much as possible since this has
traditionally been one of the better ways to minimize power consumption
on a laptop.

This article has some good tips - especially relating to processes that
might be accessing the disk frequently
http://www.spencerstirling.com/computergeek/powersaving.html

--Blake