[CentOS] centos 5.5 - which partition manager installed

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Mon Nov 29 12:15:25 EST 2010

On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Johan Scheepers wrote:

> To: centos <centos at centos.org>
> From: Johan Scheepers <johansche at telkomsa.net>
> Subject: [CentOS] centos 5.5 - which partition manager installed
> Good day,
> Gparted is not available on my installation.
> Which patition tool is available in centos 5.5 please.

Hi Johan.

It's available from rpmforge repository:

Installed Packages
Name       : gparted
Arch       : i386
Version    : 0.4.8
Release    : 4.el5.rf
Size       : 3.4 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Gnome Partition Editor
URL        : http://gparted.sourceforge.net/
License    : GPLv2+
is a graphical frontend
            : to libparted. Among other features it supports
creating, resizing,
            : moving and copying of partitions. Also several
(optional) filesystem
            : tools provide support for filesystems not
included in libparted.
            : These optional packages will be detected at
runtime and don't require
            : a rebuild of GParted

As well as installing it from the above, I'd recommend
getting the live CD from the Gparted website:

As this is handy for preparing your hard drive, before doing
a fresh installation of Linux. Some things are not possible
when using Gparted from a working Linux installation.

As the Gparted CD runs from memory, you can do anything you
want to any partition using this.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.