[CentOS] pcscd

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Mon Nov 29 16:55:50 EST 2010

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote, On 11/22/2010 02:21 PM:
> Anyone working with/using it? One thing that's driving me nuts is that it
> keeps spitting garbage into the logs (card absent or mute!!!). I just
> tried editing /etc/init.d/pcscd - there's *no* way to pass parms from the
> config file - and set the logging level to --error, and it's still doing
> it.
> Clues for the poor, to shut it up?
>         mark

Did you try --critical ??

Did someone make the mistake of having both pcsc and openct loaded on the same machine?

Did someone load ctapi-cyberjack with out having one of those readers? [I have had this ifd-handler
cause a LOT of trouble that seemed similar to yours, before I learned not to install it.]

BTW if the card reader thinks there is a card, but pcscd can't establish communication with the card
then that is an error or critical.  IIRC you only get the messages like you showed when pcscd thinks
there should be a card physically present.

Does anyone use a smart card with the machine?
* If no, then either
  `chkconfig pcscd off`
  `yum remove pcsc-lite`

* If yes, ask your question over on the muscle list, which is where the fellow who maintains pcsc
hangs out and he may have some incantation for you.

Hope this helps.
Todd Denniston