[CentOS] pcscd

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at tsb.cranrdte.navy.mil
Mon Nov 29 21:55:50 UTC 2010

m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote, On 11/22/2010 02:21 PM:
> Anyone working with/using it? One thing that's driving me nuts is that it
> keeps spitting garbage into the logs (card absent or mute!!!). I just
> tried editing /etc/init.d/pcscd - there's *no* way to pass parms from the
> config file - and set the logging level to --error, and it's still doing
> it.
>
> Clues for the poor, to shut it up?
>
>         mark

Did you try --critical ??

Did someone make the mistake of having both pcsc and openct loaded on the same machine?

Did someone load ctapi-cyberjack with out having one of those readers? [I have had this ifd-handler
cause a LOT of trouble that seemed similar to yours, before I learned not to install it.]

BTW if the card reader thinks there is a card, but pcscd can't establish communication with the card
then that is an error or critical.  IIRC you only get the messages like you showed when pcscd thinks
there should be a card physically present.

Does anyone use a smart card with the machine?
* If no, then either
  `chkconfig pcscd off`
or
  `yum remove pcsc-lite`

* If yes, ask your question over on the muscle list, which is where the fellow who maintains pcsc
hangs out and he may have some incantation for you.

Hope this helps.
--
Todd Denniston