[CentOS] how to separate individual logs?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 11:52:43 UTC 2010

On 11/30/10, John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The trick is that your original file has '\r' chars lurking around...
> Forgot I did removed them manualy when I saw them...
>
>   cat Edit3 | tr -d "\r" | while read LINE; do
>
> Instead of just copy/pasting, try to understand what it does.
> Here is how it works:
>  - Read each line in the LINE variable.
>  - If the line contains the string '>..', it is a "section" line.
>    Set the log filename to the section title.
>  - If not, just write the line to the current log filename.
>
> JD

Sorry. I didn't get the point clearly. What I need is to separate the
log files from each of the modules. For example, I need all of the log
files coming from XAPP module. In the main log, it can be
distinguished by searching for the following line:
XAPP >..
Then you see subsequent lines that are logs coming from this module.
Then the logs from another module will come following the previous
one. I think you code is not doing this . Can you please correct me on
my understanding of your code body?