[CentOS] CF disks images and centos

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Nov 30 14:46:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have 8G -CF cards that I have been putting linux on.
Everything was working fine till yesterday when I got a new batch of CF
cards.

The size has changed. The original CF card was 7637M (255 heads/63
sectors/928 cylinders)
The new CF card is 8019M (255 heads/63 sectors/974 cylinders)

I would have thought putting the smaller image file onto the larger CF
card would be ok.
However its not. centos boots but there are journal issues and
everything is mounted read-only.

Any ideas why this doesnt work or how I can keep my smaller image and
"succecssfully" put it
on the larger CF card?

I simply do "dd if=cf.img of=/dev/sde" to copy the images to CF.

Thanks,

Jerry