[CentOS] SELinux - way of the future or good idea but !!!

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Nov 30 22:31:55 UTC 2010

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 30, 2010 04:53:38 pm Bob McConnell wrote:
>> That one's easy, don't ever install the plugin, or anything else from
>> Adobe. Second step, set NoScript to block everything and everyone. If
>> any site has content that requires either of those, I will never see it.
>> That's their loss, not mine. If they want me to see it they can make it
>> available via the approved methods.
>
> Well, that's the point: there are corporate/enterprise applications
> written in various scripting languages that you simply have to use if you
> are that corporation's employee.  Whitelisting sites is good; being able
<snip>
On this, I have to agree with Lamar. Last summer - or was it the year
before? - when I was job-hunting, I saw one corporate "career" page -
maybe Lockheed-Martin? - anyway, they had an idiot flash video of someone
talking about their "featured jobs". And a year or two before, I saw a
corporate web page (not a consulting firm) that WOULD NOT ALLOW YOU onto
the page to fill out an application and offer your resume if you didn't
have flash!!!

         mark "go find a job in Hollywood"