[CentOS] gmp package installation on CentOS 5.2

Mark Pryor

tlviewer at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 21:15:51 UTC 2010

--- On Thu, 11/11/10, Nastou Panagiotis <pnastou at aegean.gr> wrote:

> From: Nastou Panagiotis <pnastou at aegean.gr>
> Subject: [CentOS] gmp package installation on CentOS 5.2
> To: "centos at centos.org" <centos at centos.org>
> Date: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
> Hello,
>
> Last year, I installed CentOS 5.2 on an HP Proliant Server.
> Along with other packages, the gmp and gmp-devel version
> 4.1.4 packages were installed. To the best of my knowledge
> these packages do not come from the gmp team.

Install yum-utils,
yum install yum-utils
then do
yumdownloader --source gmp
(or grab the SRPM from a centos mirror)

rpm -i gmp-*-src.rpm

then go into
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES  (not sure here-- its your expected buildroot)

and you will see that there is a bz2 from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gmp/
and another from mpfr.org.

To rebuild the gmp SRPM in the centos way, you should download the versions of those 2 bz2 files and edit the gmp.spec (../SPECS) to reflect that version

cd ../SPECS
rpmbuild -ba gmp.spec

--
Mark