[CentOS] Web statistics - w3perl

Thu Nov 4 11:45:15 UTC 2010
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Camron W. Fox <cwfox at us.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/13 08:12, Jussi Hirvi wrote:
>> I am considering a richer alternative to good old Webalizer, in a
>> webhotel (multidomain) setting.
>>
>> Any experience with w3perl? The demo at least looks impressive.
>>
>> http://www.w3perl.com
>>
>> - Jussi
>>

> Jussi,
>
>        We've been testing AWStats (http://awstats.sourceforge.net) with
> promising results.

Cameron: After using Webalizer for the past 8 or 9 years, I have also
been using AWStats, since January. There are differences, in the way
the 2 programs report, or, there are errors. For example, AWStats
shows fewer Unique Visitors than Webalizer does.

I am not sure if this is because of some difference in the way the
programs gather their data, or, if these are simply errors.

There are some things I like, very much, in AWStats, but, I'm not sure
how accurate it is.

Suggest you use both Webalizer and AWStats and see if you notice these
differences. They should both be gathering their data from the same
logs.

HTH
Lanny
http://www.magazines-magazine.com/