[CentOS] MacBook Pro and CentOS-5

Mon Nov 15 16:18:26 UTC 2010
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

After a long, and quite disheartening, series of hardware problems
with my HP laptop I decided to try out a Mac (late 2009 Intel based
19.5 inch). In the months since January past I have discovered this
to be no significant improvement and I have grown tired of the
persistent wireless connectivity problems and am totally put off by
the upgrade to OSX-10.6.4 which killed HD graphics using Open-Gl.
Since July, trying to use HD on my Mac now blackens half the screen
and then locks the system.

I am contemplating wiping the system and installing CentOS-5.5
instead.  Before my frustration leads me to run straight on into a
wall, what can I expect to NOT work on the Macbook if I do this?  I
do need wireless, albeit I really cannot say that I have it now.  I
also dearly would like to get back HD graphics as well.

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3