[CentOS] Best supported motherboard

Mon Nov 1 16:51:49 UTC 2010
Tom Bishop <bishoptf at gmail.com>

Well it depends on what you want in your new board, workstation vs
server....I just built 2 machines based on this board....MSI 785G-E53 AM3
785G...with amd quad cores....one is acting as a server and centos 5.5
loaded up just fine with no issues, running KVM with a couple of VM's....I
would look at the 1055T or 1090T CPU which have 6 cores and would probably
give you better performance if you want to run 4 or 5 vm's.....the one thing
that I did was use a pata DVD burner...since I have heard of issues with the
sata versions and centos....I prefer amd to Intel since I'm always on a very
limited budget...;)