[CentOS] Recycle Bin disappeared (GNOME, CentOS 5.5, 32 bit)

Fri Nov 5 12:09:49 UTC 2010
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Probably this is due to operator error, The Recycle Bin in GNOME
>> disappeared, for this CentOS 5.5 (32 bit) Desktop PC. The box is fully
>> updated.
>>
>> Is there a command I can use, or another procedure, to get the Recycle
>> Bin in GNOME working again?
>>
>> The .trash folder is there.
>
> How did you make it disappear? Revert the change. :-)

Ha.  I wish I knew how it happened.....  This is my daughters box.
Mine was damaged or destroyed, along with other things, during a
recent T storm.

> It is possible that it is there but not visible on the desktop.
> Install gconf-editor (yum install gconf-editor) and run it. Then, go
> to apps -> nautilus -> desktop. Make sure trash_icon_visible is
> checked.

Thank you!  I will try that and report back.