[CentOS] IP forwarding and OpenVPN

Fri Nov 5 15:01:10 UTC 2010
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you look at the route table on your server after the tun interface
> comes up, you'll probably see that either your openvpn config or routes
> pushed from the remote have split the conceptual 'default' range in half

Nope.  There's my original routing, some explicit host routing for the
P-t-P IP address and VPN server, a network route for 192.168.90.0, and
network routes for exactly the public IP space of the VPN server
network.  There's nothing that consumes a larger swath of the public
space.

> If you remove those routes and add one just for the
> 192.168.90/24 range things should work the way you want.

That'd mean that neither my host nor anything else on my LAN uses the
VPN for the VPN server's network.  What I want is to exclude the rest
of my LAN but leave my host itself unchanged.  Which perhaps just
isn't possible without way too much hoop jumping.