[CentOS] Nagios installation problem

Fri Nov 5 18:30:53 UTC 2010
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010, Ben McGinnes wrote:

> Hello,
> 	Has anyone managed a successful installation of Nagios using
> the RPMForge packages on CentOS 5.5? [....]
>
> The SELinux policies look fine (I tend to ignore instructions to
> permanently disable SELinux, if I'm not using SELinux then there's
> no reason not to return to Slackware):

I've had trouble getting Nagios runtime files to work and play well
with SELinux. In particular, the pid file, /var/nagios/nagios.pid, is
created with a generic var_t type rather than the necessary
nagios_var_run_t type, so I've tweaked system policy a bit:

semanage fcontext -a -t nagios_var_run_t "/var/nagios/nagios\.pid"