[CentOS] Addressing outgoing connections to a specific interface

Sat Nov 6 17:10:54 UTC 2010
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/06/10 7:29 AM, Markus Falb wrote:
> On 06.11.10 15:13, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> To be more specific: I am connected to the internet via wlan0. When I
>> type 192.168.0.1 into my web browser, I get the web control panel of
>> the Linksys router that manages that wireless network. However, at the
>> moment I need to access the web control panel of the D-Link router
>> that manages my eth0 LAN, also on 192.168.0.1 but on the eth0
>> interface. How can this be done?
> Set a temporary additional route
> #$ ip ro add 192.168.0.1/32 dev eth0
>
> You can get rid of it again with
> #$ ip ro del 192.168.0.1

that temporary route will break his internet access, since 192.168.0.1
is ALSO his internet gateway on the W-LAN side.

there's no way around this. if you can readdress one or the other LAN,
then this would just work all the time.