[CentOS] xServes are dead ;-( / SAN Question

Sat Nov 6 19:03:33 UTC 2010
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 11/05/2010 04:34 PM, Nicolas Ross wrote:
> Now with this said, I am searching for documentation on operating a SAN
> under linux. We are looking at Quantum StorNext FS2 product for the SAN
> itselft.

I'm not sure how much help you'll get from the community.  StorNext is a
proprietary product that appears to have its own drivers and management
tools.  If you want documentation, ask the vendor for it.

> And I am searching info about accessing volumes on a fiber channel network
> by label. I know I can label individual ext3 partition, but how to do so on
> a raid array via fiber channel ?

Well, on standard SAN products you'll see block devices corresponding to
the volumes that you've exported from the SAN to the host system.  You
can create filesystems on them and label those just like you would any
other block device.