[CentOS] Recycle Bin disappeared (GNOME, CentOS 5.5, 32 bit)

Sun Nov 7 16:59:16 UTC 2010
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It is possible that it is there but not visible on the desktop.
>> Install gconf-editor (yum install gconf-editor) and run it. Then, go
>> to apps -> nautilus -> desktop. Make sure trash_icon_visible is
>> checked.
>
> I installed and ran  gconf-editor.  The trash-icon-visible was
> checked. Anything else I might try, to get the Recycle Bin back onto
> the Desktop? TIA!

I don't know of any other way to make the Trash icon visible/invisible
in gnome. After making sure the visible option is checked, have you
tried re-login (or restart the computer) ?  Also check to see if your
nautilus is not broken:

rpm -V nautilus

Akemi