[CentOS] RHEL 6 Officially Released

Thu Nov 11 04:31:15 UTC 2010

On 11/10/2010 05:11 PM, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 04:54:19PM -0600, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> And what are the minimum system requirements?  Will we still be able to
>> install this on a 256Mb system for example?
>>
> 	What is preventing you from looking at the upstream website to
> 	determine requirements?

I did look and obviously all the links I followed were deadends for this
piece of info.  I have a history of poor success on such matters; I
think it is tied into my dyslexia and my language skills  :(

>> If Centos 6 is 4-6 weeks off.  I can hold off my DNSSEC work for a bit.
>> I have LOTs of other things to get done...
>>
> 	I think it's a fair bet to say it will be at least 4-6 weeks
> 	out.

Actually that is what I figured, no sooner than yearend and probably
early next year.  I have other things on my plate and I would just get
my DNS current, which I can now do in a day and live off my secondaries
for that time, build a FC13 test system to work out the DNSSEC setup,
then when Centos 6 comes out, I SHOULD be able to do a relatively fast
switch from Centos 5.5 and drop in the DNSSEC cruft.

My DNS server has 1Gb memory, it is just the test systems that I tend to
run lean with....