[CentOS] RHEL 6 Officially Released

Thu Nov 11 22:44:56 UTC 2010
Jake Shipton <jakems at hotmail.co.uk>

On 11/11/10 00:45, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 02:57:10PM -0600, Barry Brimer wrote:
>> Absolutely.  Red Hat does a tremendous amount of heavy lifting to produce
>> RHEL, without which there would be no CentOS. Red Hat also gets paid
>> pretty well to do so, and unless I am mistaken the CentOS team does not.
>> In any case, I appreciate the work of Red Hat and the CentOS team.
>
> Remember also that a lot of the original heavy lifting is done in Fedora,
> which, while sponsored by Red Hat, is very much a community project with
> significant work done without (direct) pay. So while you're appreciating,
> don't forget those folks either. :)

Ah, but don't forget the upstream folks from Fedora, such as the Kernel
guys the Gnome guys, KDE guys etc etc. :-P.

They all help make GNU/Linux distributions what they are today :-).

And yes, I too would like to thank the CentOS team and everyone else for
all their hard work :-). I would help them, and contribute, but aside
from money (Which I don't have at the mo :-( ) I fail to see anything I
can contribute with effectively :-(.

My Fedora 12 is coming to EOL soon, so I must upgrade my Fedora, but I
plan to switch to CentOS6 instead :-) Albeit EL doesn't have XFCE (Last
time I checked) I can sort that out, and a few other things I can easily
fix (make and build custom RPM's for my self)

Fedora 12 has become stable like no other Fedora release for me, so I
hope that has been carried over into EL6 :-) I'm guessing it has. If not
made better :-).

Anyhow, once again: Thanks to all the folk that make CentOS/RHEL/Linux
what it is today :-)

--
Jake