[CentOS] Memtest86+ running time

Fri Nov 12 18:46:53 UTC 2010
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

> Tested each memory module in DDR1 slot for at least 20
> hours.
>
> Tested each slot with the 512MB module for another 20 hours.
> Should I have used the 1GB module for this?

So it appears that each memory module works fine if it's the
only module installed - in whatever slot.

I found this helpfull guide for using Memtest86+:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409152

Memtest86+ website:
  http://www.memtest.org/

Memtest86+ Forum:
  http://forum.canardpc.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Cannot find a mailing list though.

My machine has been known to freeze on occassions, which I
put down to software issues while running Fedora.

The 2 1GB memory modules are 1 low density and 1 high
density. Both are PC2100.

They work fine on their own, but don't want to work
together.

I'm now running Memtest no. 5 using the 1GB low density
module, and the 512MB module, which is also low density.

I have put a digital multimeter on the power supply, and
overnight while testing it registers ~ 4.97 - 4.98
volts on the 5vdc line, with a stable reading. ie it changes
slowly between those 2 values. So it looks like the PSU is
fine.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's the mismatched low and
high density memory modules that are the problem?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts