[CentOS] Best way to configure proprietary NVidia driver on CentOS ?

Fri Nov 12 23:31:08 UTC 2010
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at sfu.ca> wrote:

> | I use the driver from nvidia.com. The setup process is a no brainer.

This needs to be done for every kernel update.

> I do similar.  I have a script which calls the latest version of the driver installer only if it can't find a version of the driver for the running kernel.  If it does it runs the installer with the -a -s -X options to build and configure X if not done already.

Yes, I used to automate that way on my systems.  However, the
advantage with the kmod package from ELRepo is that it is kernel
version-independent, kABI-tracking, meaning it survives kernel updates
transparently and it does not require development software such as
gcc.

ELRepo keeps the Nvidia version up to date.

OK, too much advertisement. :-P

Akemi