[CentOS] Flash plugin not working

Sat Nov 13 11:31:04 UTC 2010
Nicolas Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Le mardi 9 novembre 2010 12:08:54, Przemysław Pawełczyk a écrit :

> Perhaps yours is that special case about which wrote Mr John R
> Pierce - "I had similar problems on netbook using the Poulsbro chipset.
> Couldn't find any solution, even using Fedorka.latest.  gave up and put
> the windows HD back in the netbook."

I've been a happy CentOS user for the last three years, and I'd say: almost
exclusively. The *almost* is explained by the odd irrational panic behaviour
on my behalf, which mostly consists of wanting to replace my whole fine setup
by <insert_other_distribution_here>, only because this particular distribution
doesn't have the same problem... but a wealth of other problems, as I am soon
to discover in the days to come. This usually happens late at night or early
in the morning, in the wake of the combined effects of sleep (lack) and caffeine
(excess). Invariably, I come "home" to CentOS, with an embarrassed feeling of
unfaithful-husband-returning-home-after-a-dirty-weekend-somewhere-else. I
suspect some folks on this list have similar experiences.

Anyway, this morning, I tried a fresh install of CentOS 5.5, installed the
Flash plugin from RPMForge, which didn't work. So I simply reverted to the
previous version (Flash 9 instead of 10) which works fine for me. Added the
according exclude=flash-plugin line in /etc/yum.conf, and life is sunny again.

Cheers from my little village on a hill.

Niki Kovacs
--
http://www.kikinovak.net