[CentOS] Centos 6 installation memory requirements

Tue Nov 16 16:50:22 UTC 2010

Robert Heller wrote:
> wrote:
>> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> > Will (does) Centos 6 require 512Mb of memory for the GUI install like
>> > FC14 or the lower requirement of FC13?
>> >
>> > My ASUS EE 700 has ~490Mb of memory (vidoe steals some from the 512Mb
>> > base) and FC14 switches to text install and does not install any GUI,
>> > leaving the boot in test mode.
>> <snip>
>> I will *not* make comments about how an install isn't running a game
>> engine, and so *ought* to be able to run in an order of magnitude less
>> memory, except for bloated, objectionably oriented programming....
>
> X11 installer == game engine?  I never use the GUI installer.  It is
> quicker and easier to use the text/console based installer.

Same here. I can't see how Enhanced Pictures and colors make your
"installation experience" so much better....

        mark "an experience is when I pick you up by your lapels and
               slam you against the wall for calling browsing an
'experience'"