[CentOS] upgrading Centos-Xen when version 6 comes along

Wed Nov 17 18:22:03 UTC 2010
Joe Pruett <joey at q7.com>

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Have anyone used both XEN & KVM before? What are your experiences
>> with either, in comparison to each other? We've been using XEN for
>> about 4 years now, and only use CentOS as our server platform. I'd
>> hate to move to Debian or OpenSuse just for XEN, and I don't know
>> KVM at all.
one big issue that has kept me from switching from xen to kvm is that
the default init scripts for kvm don't have suspend/resume for guests
when the host os is rebooted. it doesn't even do a shutdown of the
guests, it just kills them.  also, i haven't looked into whether you can
limit cpu/network usage easily with kvm as you can with xen.  hopefully
some of these issues are fixed in the rhel6 kvm system.