[CentOS] Centos 6 installation memory requirements

Thu Nov 18 06:30:35 UTC 2010
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

> There never seemed to be a Disk Druid text support for LVM. If you do
> not like the defaults (and I rarely do), you either have to be good with
> kickstart (I am not) or use the Gui to set up the partitions as you want.

system-config-kickstart does appear to lack suport for LVM, but it does
pretty much everything else.

The LVM directives are pretty straightforward, and there's a clear
example in the documentation:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#logvol

You can use system-config-kickstart to set everything up the way you
want it (including the partitions themselves), and then modify the
ks.cfg it generates to add the LVM configuration that you need.

You can also set up one system the way you want it, and look at
/root/anaconda-ks.cfg afterward.  It'll have information you can use to
set up an identical system, including the LVM directives.  They'll be
commented out, but they'll be usable if you remove the hash in the first
line character.