[CentOS] kickstart raid disk partitioning

Sat Nov 20 00:41:55 UTC 2010
Digimer <linux at alteeve.com>

On 11/19/2010 07:18 PM, Ross Walker wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2010, at 10:17 AM, Digimer<linux at alteeve.com>  wrote:
>
>> I mirror /boot and<swap>  because if either is lost, the system dies. :)
>> Imagine if something was in swap, then swap vanished, and then the
>> system tried to retrieve what was in swap... Not so good. :P
>
> You could use LVM to create LV for swap and root. Performs the same, plus you can resize them. Just make the PV the RAID set after /boot.
>
> -Ross

This is true. I wasn't, mainly, because I was using the remainder of the
free space on the disks, post install, to create a DRBD device which
clustered LVM sat on. Thought stacked LVM work, it pushed too far into
"corner case" territory for my comfort level.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer at alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com