[CentOS] New list ?

Wed Nov 24 17:42:57 UTC 2010
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:

>Are you saying that having focus and topic specific lists are not
>something you agree with ? Because thats what it sounds like!

I would agree with that.  The Apple mailing lists are a great
example, they have a metric tonne of mailing lists, each on a
specific topic, but none of general interest where one can ask an
off-the-wall question without getting flamed.

One of my favorite Linux related lists is the one that started as
a Caldera users mailing list, and is still going today.  There's
a pretty strong sense of community on that list with participants
all over the place in terms of Linux usage and geography.  Off
topic items have ranged from who makes the hottest chili to the
draught in Australia and how people deal with it.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks
to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by
deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the
banks will deprive the people of all property until their children
wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
  -- Thomas Jefferson 1802